Best Project of Private Residence
About the project
Off-Grid Passive House Design Principles:
- Solar photovoltaic panels making the home potentially net-positive in energy/
- Energy efficient lighting (LEDs) and appliances.
- Propane: as a backup energy source and for cooking.
- 3,000G underground rainwater tanks used for flushing toilets and watering the edible productive garden.
- Composting, native plants, billabong.
- Water-efficient plumbing fixtures
- Windows installed with triple glazed windows with low-e coating.
- Minimised thermal bridging.
- Airtight (average 1.2 Air changes per hour).
- Heat recovery ventilation (HRV) saving 90%+ energy on ventilation.
- Air heated radiant floor heating.
Pennsylvania, the USA
Applicant and authors of the project
Gaetano Glenn Mancini & Mancini Design + Development.
Mancini Design Build is a Design Build and residential development firm specializing in the purchase and revitalization of deteriorated properties and land for the purpose of developing and placing residential homes back onto the market.
Status of the project