Church of the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary
Best Implemented Restoration Project
About the project
The construction of the church in the village of Kovashi is based on historical research and examination of the remains of the basements, as well as the archival drawings by architect V.A. Kosyakov made in 1911. The changes are aimed at bringing the design solutions into compliance with the currently effective standards and regulations.
The building is a single-aisle, five-domed church with a high two-tier bell tower and a pyramidal roof as well as aisles on both sides, where stairs to the choir and belfry are located.
Large openings and stained glass windows have been preserved to keep the church well-illuminated.
Leningrad Region, Russia
Project implementation year
Extra visual materials (photos, videos etc.)
Parish of the Church of the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Kovashi
Author of the project
ANO ARKHHRAM (Andrey Obolensky – architect)