Nativity Church in Peski
Best Implemented Restoration / Reconstruction Project
About the project
The Church of the Nativity in Peski dating back to 1787 was designed by architect P. Yegorova. Between 1886 and 1887, the church received a major overhaul. However, in 1934, the building was dismantled, and the church grounds became a square.
In 2020, the church was restored in the style of early classicism. It has a cruciform shape, with transepts extending to the north and south. The church is made of solid bricks and has three domes – one above the central part of the building and two on the bell towers. There are staircases leading to the choir stalls, the bell towers and the attic. The basement floor is designed to accommodate the wardrobe and restrooms for parishioners, including those with reduced mobility.
6th Sovetskaya Street, St. Petersburg, Russia
Project implementation year
More project images
Applicant and authors of the project
Liteynaya Chast 91, architectural bureau.
Chief architect R. Dayanov, Chief engineer L. Chernovol.