Prof Dr Klaus Albrecht Schröder (b. Linz 1955), studied art history and history at the University of Vienna. In 1985, he became the founding director of the Kunstforum Wien and from 1996 to 1999, he was on the executive board of the Leopold Museum. Schröder became the director of the Albertina Museum in 1999, and since 2017 he has been its director-general. Under his leadership the museum has been extensively renovated, modernised and expanded. Since the building was reopened in 2003, his ambitious programme of over 150 exhibitions has attracted over 15 million visitors to the museum. The Albertina´s second venue, the Albertina Modern, dedicated to art from the present era, opened in May 2020.